A hemp and cannabis symposium at the SIU-C campus will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on March 26, that includes speakers knowledgeable about cannabis-dependent investigate and exhibitors who can demonstrate modern output tactics, as perfectly as customer solutions.
The fifty percent-working day symposium will be held in the SIU Student Heart auditorium and international lounge. Attendees may well be a part of in man or woman or almost.
The symposium is focused towards folks with an desire or history in the hashish field and recreation and professional medical use of cannabis.
Individuals who sign up for in-man or woman attendance by Tuesday, March 15, will pay out $85, which involves continental breakfast and lunch. Right after March 15 the price goes up to $95. Individuals who register for digital attendance will spend $50 for dwell streaming entry to displays, but this does not involve obtain to exhibitors. Learners, meanwhile will pay $20 to participate in human being. Vendor/exhibitors’ areas are $100 every single.
Speakers include things like:
• Keynote: Marsha Rosner, Charles B. Huggins Professor, University of Chicago Most cancers Center, will explore cannabidiol (CBD) and its prospective use against COVID-19.
• Mark Peysakovitch, senior advisor at Cannabis Organization Affiliation of Illinois and senior policy advisor and lover at MBM Advantage LLC, will speak about the current regulatory and legislative landscape in the cannabis industry.
• Lezli Engelking, founder and president of the Foundation of Hashish Unified Benchmarks (Aim), a nonprofit corporation committed to shielding community overall health, customer safety and safeguarding the ecosystem in the cannabis marketplace, will discuss classes acquired from her hashish get the job done close to the world.
• John Murray, president of Sustainable Innovations Inc., will go over the fashionable working day societal standing of Delta-8 THC.
• Mary Kinsel, director of Mass Spectrometry Facility at SIU, will contact on the reality in labeling CBD goods dependent on her products tests investigation.
• Buck Hales, professor and chair, Office of Biomedical Science, SIU University of Medication, will extend his conversation in research of cannabis in medication and treatment of most cancers.
SIU’s Cannabis Science Centre, wherever the mission consists of formally establishing a collaborative network for cannabis study, is sponsoring this function. For extra data and registration, check out the Southern Illinois Hemp/Cannabis Symposium web site or speak to Rebecca Dycus at [email protected]